Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's been a week since my last post. I really thought that I was going to be better at this. Oh well. I ended up missing work last Monday and was up all night with my daughter. I went thru three nights of almost NO sleep. I think I'm still catching up. She's better now, but still not 100%. I still get scared. Especially with the projections from our lovely gov't for the return of that lovely Swine Flu. I will deal with it as it comes, and with God's help we'll get thru.
I can't believe that summer has basically come and gone. I mean, its still officially summer, but we're in what I like to call "seasonal purgatory". It really isn't summer, it doesn't FEEL like summer nor does it act like summer. I can feel jacket time getting closer with every hour, and I'm too lazy to worry about watering my flowers. If I were not so stressed I'd bring out pumpkins and all my fall decorations. Its my favorite season to decorate for, usually, but I'm just a bit melancholy(had to add some drama there) to do it. See, for me, the air SMELLS of Disney vacation planning. This time of year I'm usually so deep into the planning part of our annual October vacation that nothing bothers me. Disney World is just around the corner. All is well. Not so at the moment. We still haven't heard anything about the appraisal on my mom's house. I am about to turn myself wrong side out. I just SO want the sale to go thru. We NEED it to go thru.
In case it doesn't I try to appease myself by telling me that we'll just give up this house(we're so close to having to move out now, its ridiculous) and move into my mom's....and besides, EVENTUALLY we'll BE LIVING in Florida...so what does it matter?? Well, alot actually. I truly am about to lose it all. Grab a straight jacket folks, cause I may need it.
Time to count my blessings...my kids. I have "home". I will always have someplace to rest my head, unlike others who have no one and are forced to find shelter in a cardboard box. So far, my health, but all in all , I'm not too sure about that. I have a job. It ain't much but it brings in SOMETHING. We don't starve. No one is going to let us starve. We will soon be on our way back up. We WILL get there. We struggle, we take two steps forward and 4 steps back, but soon that will turn. It has to. We have each other. My oldest daughter has a wonderful new boyfriend who is the bomb. She is happy. Happier than I've ever really seen her. So, that makes my heart smile. I am blessed. Thank you, God.

No comments: