Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Anxiously Awaiting....

Another day has passed and still no word about my mom's house, which..so far...is a good thing. A few months ago, I had some faith. It seemed like things would pop up that would help us get through. As my grandma always said, "The Lord will provide". Now, I feel worn down and more negative than positive. I fight it. Believe me, I do. Depression runs in my family so I know that's part of the problem, but I also know that anyone who has been through what we've been through the past several months could feel like I do. BUT. Even in saying that, I know that we have been blessed and haven't been through what others have this past year. Doesn't make it any easier, just makes me count my blessings a bit more.
I was thinking the other day, someone might read this who isn't a Disney fan like we are and cuss me for being upset about not being able to plan a trip right now. I can understand that if you aren't the dreamers we are...if you have never really been to the "World" and done it up the right way...if you think that Disney is too far from your own reality. BUT. Disney World is our escape. It is, for us, EXACTLY what Walt intended it to be. A family oasis away from the "bad stuff". When we drive onto Disney property, with its purple road signs and 2-3 lane highways(its HUGE, folks), we have left this planet and entered another dimension. The stress is gone. The magic awaits. We feel it not only bone deep, but soul deep. You can laugh at that if you want to. Go ahead. You'll be one less person I have to worry about when making dining reservations. One less person to stand behind in queue for Expedition Everest, and one less person grabbing a fast pass for Toy Story Mania. If you read this as a Disney fan, then you understand EXACTLY what I'm saying.
Disney is our place to go to escape the reality in this world that isn't always good. Its a place where our family bonds and my kids actually LEARN. They learn how things work. They learn about good customer service. They learn about science, history, the ocean, the land, other cultures, and about bonding as a planet. I miss that place dearly right now, and tears well up as I write this. Because, as much as we NEED to get out of here, we can't. Right now there will be no escape. Reality will continue to bombard us until God sees fit that we've had enough. I KNOW that one day we'll be on the other side. I have that much faith. But when? It really needs to be soon. Please.

No comments: